On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Matt Mahoney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I submitted my paper "A Model for Recursively Self Improving Programs" to
> JAGI and it is ready for open review. For those who have already read it, it
> is essentially the same paper except that I have expanded the abstract. The
> paper describes a mathematical model of RSI in closed environments (e.g.
> boxed AI) and shows that such programs exist in a certain sense. It can be
> found here:
>
> http://journal.agi-network.org/Submissions/tabid/99/ctrl/ViewOneU/ID/9/Default.aspx
>
> JAGI has an open review process where anyone can comment, but you will need
> to register to do so. You don't need to register to read the paper. This is a
> new journal started by Pei Wang.
>
> -- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thanks Matt for supporting JAGI, and I hope more and more people in
this mailing list will be willing to put their ideas in a more
organized manner, as well as to treat other people's ideas in the same
way.

Two minor corrections:

(1) JAGI is started not just by me, but by a group of researchers ---
see http://journal.agi-network.org/EditorialBoard/tabid/92/Default.aspx

(2) The public review of JAGI is considered as part of "peer review"
process of the journal. Therefore, it doesn't really allow anyone to
post their comment in the journal website (of course they can post it
elsewhere). Instead, only "AGI Network Members" can post reviews at
the journal website. Roughly speaking, "AGI Network Members" are the
researchers who have an AI related graduate degree or graduate
students working toward such a degree. The other people are approved
in a case-by-case basis.

Pei