I realized that my idea of declarative-like statements could refer to
statistical objects and methods as well.  In fact, if they were to
provide the sort of efficacy I want for them, some would have to.  I
am not specifically talking about mixing logic with probability
theory.

Thanks for the comments.  I figured that probability methods in AGI
would suffer from combinatorial problems, but I hadn't talked to
anyone who actually took it to that level.
Jim Bromer