From: Jim Bromer
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:13 PM
To: agi
Subject: Re: [agi] Open Sets vs Closed Sets

The use of the terminology of mathematics is counter intuitive, if, what you
want to say is that mathematical methods are inadequate to describe AGI systems
(or something like that.)
That is what I meant when I said that people don't always mean exactly what
they seem to be saying.  You are not really defining a mathematical system, and
you are not trying to conclude that a specific presumption is illogical are
you?  Or are you?
There is another problem.  We can define sets so we can define things like a
closed set of sets each containing infinities of objects.

However by qualifying your use of concepts like this and then appealing to a
reasonable right to be understood as you intended, you can certainly use this
kind of metaphor.
That's my opinion.
Jim Bromer