Fair enough.  (I think the proto is important in this case though - a
CFJ should stop the 14-day clock on punishment).

Given that there has been no time in the recent past that I had sufficient
support to do the job in question within the time limit, my initial
attempt that failed was as good as any other attempt would have been.

I find Shenanigans.