Votes inline. An apology in advance to Aris—I’m not a huge fan of your
“administrative” proposals. I’ll try and articulate why in the next few days,
but I think it’s just a difference in vision. Please don’t take it personally;
they’re well-written proposals. I do recognize the need for quicker resolution
to “day-one” bugs, but I think there’s a lot of interesting gameplay there and
this runs the risk of making things *too* simple. I’ll think more about ways to
speed that up while keeping it interesting.

Gaelan

> On Jan 20, 2020, at 7:22 PM, Aris Merchant via agora-official
> <agora-offic...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> I hereby distribute each listed proposal, initiating the Agoran
> Decision of whether to adopt it, and removing it from the proposal
> pool. For this decision, the vote collector is the Assessor, the
> quorum is 5, the voting method is AI-majority, and the valid
> options are FOR and AGAINST (PRESENT is also a valid vote, as are
> conditional votes).
>
> ID    Author(s)                AI    Title
> 8287  twg                      2.0   Blot Stabilisation
PRESENT: This means unpopular fugitives have no way to lose blots. Maybe that’s
OK?

> 8288  omd                      1.0   Glitteral
ENDORSE Treasuror

> 8289  Alexis                   1.0   You're Banned from the Theater
AGAINST

> 8290  G.                       3.0   More Headroom
FOR, although I might write up my own take on this at some point.

> 8291  Bernie, [1]              3.0   Interesting Chambers v3.1
FOR. I am a bit worried about the opening bracket at the beginning of the
proposal, given the common usage of that character for comments in proposals.

> 8292  Bernie, twg              3.0   Self-Ratification Simplification Act
PRESENT, because this seems dangerous and is over my head.

> 8293  Bernie, twg              1.0   CFJ Bait
ENDORSE the Arbitor, in case e feels CFJ load is too high.

> 8294  Bernie, twg              3.0   Authorial Intent
AGAINST. Among other things, this benefits authors of proposals who sneak in
questionably-functional scams.

> 8295  Bernie, twg, Alexis      3.0   Rewards Reform Act
FOR

> 8296  Aris, G.                 1.0   Divergence
FOR, although I’m a little sad to see my mechanism go.

> 8297  Aris                     2.1   Imminent Failure
FOR

> 8298  Aris, [2]                2.0   Administrative Adjudication v3
AGAINST. Sorry—I just don’t like it for some reason. I’ll think about it over
the next few days and see if I can articulate why better.

> 8299  Aris, G.                 3.0   The Reset Button v2
AGAINST—I’m worried that codifying an “easy way out” like this will remove a
lot of the interest in cleaning up situations like this. Maybe it’s just me,
but that’s a part of the game that I enjoy.

> 8300  Aris                     3.0   Patches
AGAINST. This scares me—it’s a brand-new, completely untested mechanism for
power-3 rule changes. The objection count also seems high to me; RwO, which is
less powerful, is without objection.

> 8301  Aris, Jason Cobb         3.0   Consolidated Regulatory Recordkeeping v2
FOR

> 8302  Aris                     1.5   Generic Petitions
FOR, but I do feel like “discretionary power” deserves a definition.

> 8303  Aris, [3]                3.0   Contract Patency v3
PRESENT pending a final scam-check read, but almost certainly eventually FOR.

> 8304  Bernie, twg, Jason Cobb  3.0   Rewards Reform Act - v1.1 Patch
FOR

> 8305  Alexis                   3.0   Keeping Up With the Times
CONDITIONAL: AGAINST if G's votes resolves to AGAINST, otherwise PRESENT. Quite
frankly, I always thought of the terms as gender-neutral anyway.

> 8306  Gaelan                   3.0   Deregistration
AGAINST

> 8307  D. Margaux               3.0   Deregistration
AGAINST