Title: Sets v1.3
Author: nch
Co-Authors: Trigon, Falsifian, PSS, Jason, Aris, G.,
AI: 3

Enact a new Power=1 rule titled "Cards & Sets" with the text:

      Cards are a type of currency with a corresponding Product. Products are
      also currencies. The types of Cards and their corresponding Products
are:

      * Victory Cards and Victory Points.

      * Justice Cards and Blot-B-Gones

      * Legislative Cards and Pendants

      * Voting Cards and Extra Votes

      A player CAN pay a 'set' of X Cards of the same type to earn Y
      corresponding Products. The value of X determines the value of Y in the
      following ways:

      * 1 Card = 1 Product

      * 2 Cards = 3 Products

      * 3 Cards = 6 Products

      * 4 Cards = 10 Products

      A player CANNOT pay more than 4 Cards as one 'set'.

      Cards and Products are tracked by the Treasuror.

For each player that is not a zombie, grant em 1 card of each type.

[The core of this proposal. Collect cards to make the other assets.]

Amend rule 2499 "Welcome Packages" by replacing:

      When a player receives a Welcome Package, e earns 10 coins.

with:

      When a player receives a Welcome Package, e earns 10 coins and one of
      each type of Card defined in the rules.

[Simple Welcome package addition]

Amend rule 2483 "Economics" by removing the following line:

      A player CAN win the game by paying a fee of 1,000 Coins.

[Ultimately counter to an economy where we want constant trading and asset
movement.]

Enact a new Power=1 rule titled "VP Wins" with the following text:

      If a player has at least 20 more Victory Points than any other player, e
      CAN win by announcement. When a player wins this way, all Cards and all
      Products are destroyed. Then each non-zombie player is granted 1 card of
      each type.

[Exactly what it says on the tin.]

Amend rule 2555 "Blots" by replacing the following paragraph:

      If a person (the penitent) has neither gained blots nor had more
      than 2 blots expunged from emself in the current Agoran week, then
      any player (the confessor) who has not, by this mechanism,
      expunged any blots in the current Agoran week CAN expunge 1 blot
      from the penitent, by announcement.

with:

      Any player CAN expunge a blot from a specified person (or emself if no
      one is specified) by paying a fee of one Blot-B-Gone.

[Pretty straightforward, now you need to use Blot-B-Gones to get rid of Blots
(except for the fugitive decay, I left that in).]

Amend rule 2350 "Proposals" by replacing:

      Creating a proposal adds it to the Proposal Pool. Once a proposal
      is created, neither its text nor any of the aforementioned
      attributes can be changed. The author (syn. proposer) of a
      proposal is the person who submitted it.

with:

      Creating a proposal adds it to the Proposal Pool. Once a proposal
      is created, neither its text nor any of the aforementioned
      attributes can be changed except as described in the rules. The author
      (syn. proposer) of a proposal is the person who submitted it.

[I moved all the pending stuff out of here, but still modified the language
to allow the co-author mechanic.]

Create a new Power=1 rule titled "Pending Proposals" with the following text:

      Pended is a proposal switch tracked by the Promotor with possible values
      True or False and default value False. Any player CAN pay 1 Pendant to
      flip the Pended switch of a specified proposal to True. If the player did
      not create the proposal and is not listed in the list of co-authors of
      the proposal, e is added to the list of co-authors.

      The Promotor CAN, once a week and with 2 support, flip the Pended switch
      of a proposal in the Proposal Pool to True. E SHOULD NOT do so if the
      author of the proposal has at least one Pendant or Legislative Card.

      A proposal with a Pended switch set to True is 'pending'.

[Basically pending is a separate mechanic from the Pool, so that it interferes
with long standing rules about the pool much less.]

Amend 1607 Distribution by replacing:

      The Promotor CAN distribute a proposal which is in the Proposal
      Pool at any time.

      In a given Agoran week, the Promotor SHALL distribute each
      proposal that was in the Proposal Pool at the beginning of that
      week, except for those excepted from automatic distribution by
      other rules, or those that are otherwise removed from the Pool.

with:

      The Promotor CAN distribute a pending proposal which is in the Proposal
      Pool at any time.

      In a given Agoran week, the Promotor SHALL distribute each
      pending proposal that was in the Proposal Pool at the beginning of that
      week, except for those excepted from automatic distribution by
      other rules, or those that are otherwise removed from the Pool.

      If a proposal has been in the proposal pool for more than 7 days and is
      not pending, the Promotor CAN and SHOULD remove it from the Pool by
      announcement.

[This looks long but the actual changes are small. Basically where it says
someone can distribute a proposal it now specifies a pending proposal. Also
adds a way to clear out proposals nobody ever pended.]

Amend rule 2422 "Voting Strength" by adding:

      A player CAN Buy Strength by paying 1 Extra Vote and specifying a
current
      Agoran decision on which e is a voter. For each time a player has Bought
      Strength on a decision, eir voting strength is 1 greater on that
      decision. A player CANNOT Buy Strength for the same decision more than
      3 times.

[Inserting this in 2422 is a little wonky, but there's no issues with it
afaik.
I might proposal a somewhat cleaner solution later.]

Create a new Power=1 rule titled "Popular Proposal Proposer Privilege" with
the
following text:

      The player who proposed the proposal with the greatest F/A, as defined in
      rule 955, among all proposals assessed in the last 7 days CAN once earn
      one Legislative Card by announcement. If there is a tie, all authors of
      the tied proposals may do so once each.

[This introduces 4 (or more!) Legislative Cards per month. My math says that
this, along with the 6 that can be created by officers should be enough. But
time will tell for sure.]

Create a new Power=1 rule titled "Card Administration" with the following
text:

      Justice Cards are associated with the Ministry of Justice. Legislative
      Cards are associated with the Ministry of Legislation. Voting Cards are
      associated with the ministry of Participation.

      An officer CAN, once per month and by announcement, grant another player
      a specified type of card under the following conditions:

      * the officer holds at least one office with the Card's associated
        ministry in its interests,

      * the player receiving the Card does not hold an office with the Card's
        associated ministry in its interests, AND

      * the player receiving the Card is not a zombie.

[I like this system a lot but I note the PM and Speaker can't receive cards
this way. I'm open to patches but I think they'll likely be able to trade the
cards they can create for the ones they need, so I'm not immediately
concerned.]

}

--
nch