I submit, but do not pend (don't think I can anyways), the following
proposal:

Title: Happy Belated Birthday v3
Adoption index: 1.0
Author: ATMunn
Co-authors: G., Falsifian

Amend Rule 2585, "Birthday Gifts", by deleting the sentence "Every time
it is a player's Agoran Birthday, each of the other players CAN once
grant em 3 coins by announcement.", and inserting the following
paragraph in its place:

    During a player's Agoran Birthday and the 7 days following, each
    other player CAN, once, grant em X coins, where X is 3 if it is
    actually the day of the player's birthday, and 2 otherwise.

[This simplifies the rule change and fixes the bugs mentioned by
Falsifian. There's no real reason to prevent players from granting the
belated birthday gift just because people already granted the birthday
gift.]

--
ATMunn
friendly neighborhood notary and Prime Minister of Agora :)