On 4/1/21 5:39 PM, Kerim Aydin via agora-business wrote:

On 4/1/2021 8:51 AM, Jason Cobb via agora-official wrote:
Purusant to Rule 2642, I initiate a stone auction with the following
lots: [Soul Stone], [Sabotage Stone], [Concentration Stone].

I bid 100000 coins on the Soul Stone.
I bid 100000 coins on the Sabotage Stone.
I bid 100000 coins on the Concentration Stone.

To be clear, I don't intend to pay, but this seems like a legitimate and
legal (and rational, in this situation) strategy according to the
regulations.

FWIW, I haven't seen any reasonable arguments that SHALLs in the auction
regulations wouldn't be binding, given this clause in R2545:

     For the purposes of
     interpreting auction definitions, such methods are treated as if
     they are defined in this rule.

If that works for CANs it should work for SHALLs - and if it doesn't work
for SHALLs, it shouldn't work for CANs?

Well, that sure seems to me like it invalidates my point. The crux of my argument was that regulations by default do not create obligations and no clauses seemed to grant auction regulations as a whole this ability. I guess I never noticed this clause, or at least didn't realize its full implications. Ever since I was given control of these auction regulations, I have contested that auction they don't actually count as binding at all, and since no one contested me, I assumed we were on the same page.

Due to these and other factors, I have been somewhat lackadaisical with regard to how I write auction regulations. This was irresponsible on my part, and I now recognize that. I would have been doing more to ensure auction safety. For this I formally apologize to the Agoran community.

This brings up an even greater need to discuss what we as a collective want out of auction regulations.

For this purpose, I create the following pledge:

I pledge to publish at least one intention to amend the auction regulations in order to make them safer by the end of April on penalty of Class 4 crime.

--
Trigon

 ¸¸.•*¨*• Play AGORA QUEST

I’m always happy to become a party to contracts.
I LOVE SPAGHETTI
transfer Jason one coin
nch was here
I hereby
don't... trust... the dragon...
don't... trust... the dragon...
Do not Construe Jason's message with subject TRIGON as extending this