I intend, without objection, to modify the publicity of the Agora
Nomic Chat Server (current invite: https://discord.gg/JCC6YGc) to
discussion.

There have been several concerns raised that have prevented us from
doing this before now. One is that the platform is proprietary.
However, it has demonstrated that it is likely to stay around for a
while, and is certainly no worse from a data retention perspective
than IRC, which is totally ephemeral. We could even ask Jason if e
would be willing to bridge some of the channels that aren't currently
bridged to IRC so people could access it that way.

Furthermore, the lack of "official recognition" has not prevented the
widespread unofficial use of the Discord server. Not everyone has
joined, but according to G., about as many players have taken part in
the Discord as took part in our IRC channel in its heyday. I do not
think there is any benefit to withholding recognition under these
circumstances — the effect of doing so is simply to have a misleading
fora list.