On 5/15/22 23:21, secretsnail9 via agora-business wrote:
> On Sun, May 15, 2022 at 7:08 PM Edward Murphy via agora-official <
> agora-offic...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
>> I resolve elections as follows. Quorum for each is 4.
>>
>> Arbitor
>>    Murphy      - endorse Jason
>>    Jason       - Jason
>>    ais523      - Jason
>>    Madrid      - secretsnail
>>    G.          - (Jason, secretsnail)
>>      Jason 4, secretsnail 1; Jason wins
>>
>> Prime Minister
>>    Murphy      - (Murphy, nix)
>>    Jason       - (Jason, nix, Murphy, secretsnail, G.)
>>    ais523      - (Murphy, Jason, nix)
>>    nix         - (nix, Murphy, Jason)
>>    duck        - secretsnail
>>    Madrid      - secretsnail
>>    G.          - (nix, Murphy)
>>    secretsnail - (secretsnail, nix)
>>      secretsnail 3, Murphy/nix 2, Jason 1; Jason is eliminated
>>      nix/secretsnail 3, Murphy 2; Murphy is eliminated
>>      nix 5, secretsnail 3; nix wins
>>
>> Registrar
>>    Murphy      - endorse nix
>>    Jason       - endorse nix
>>    ais523      - nix
>>    duck        - secretsnail
>>    secretsnail - secretsnail
>>    nix         - (nix, secretsnail)
>>    Madrid      - secretsnail
>>    G.          - (secretsnail, nix)
>>      nix 4, secretsnail 3; nix wins
>>
> Note: every voter above has 3 voting strength except for Madrid who has a
> voting strength of 2
>
> CFJ, submitting to Referee : Jason is the Arbitor, nix is the Prime
> Minister, and nix is the Registrar
>
> Arguments AGAINST: None of the elections contain a "tally" of the voters'
> valid ballots, which is necessary for the resolutions to be EFFECTIVE. The
> lists of players and their ballots have no sums, and are not even grouped
> by what each ballot is, which is hardly a tally.
>
> CFJ 1710 very clearly sets a precedent that a tally is a sum:
> https://github.com/AgoraNomic/cases/blob/6cd01d92c5513424dbe585687357b35d34c80e6d/1710

CFJ 1710 only directly suggests that a sum is sufficient (even when
accompanied by an indirect listing), but not that a listing is not also
sufficient.

Even so, I'd argue that a natural language meaning of "tally" of the
ballots includes just listing all of them, and to the extent there is
textual ambiguity, game custom heavily suggests this works.

--
Jason Cobb

Assessor, Rulekeepor, S​tonemason