Kerim Aydin wrote:

> Michael wrote:

>> Facts feed into questions of law as evidence, but if the law
>> says that we must behave as if such as such were true, then that's
>> what we have to do, facts be damned.

> Nice principle, but exactly the opposite of what R217 actually *says*.

Hardly.  First sentence of 217:

  "All Judgements must be in accordance with the Rules"

Later,

  "When a Judge is considering eir Judgement of a Statement contained
  in a CFJ, e shall make eir evaluation based on the truth or falsity
  of the Statement at the time the CFJ was issued."

I'd say it was clear that this "truth or falsity" refers to the
situation as the Rules see it.  If the rules say "JFK was shot by an
invisible pink unicorn", and someone calls a CFJ stating that JFK was
shot by someone else, then it has to be judged false.

Michael.