Levi wrote:

Attempt at cleaning up the Excess CFJ rule. I've used the following
as a basis for this change

1. The use of 'dismiss' is unclear, due to DISMISS being a valid
  judgement for a CFJ, but dismissal through a CFJ being an
  Excess CFJ should be different to dismissal under rule 1565

2. My guess that the Excess CFJ rule is to avoid overloading the
  judicial system, so if there are the resources to judge the
  Excess CFJs, then they should be judged.

Comments welcome. I'm sure some wording could be improved :)

Replace the entire text of rule 2132 with the following text:

     A CFJ submitted by a person who has previously submitted
     five or more CFJs during the same Agoran Week as that CFJ
     is an Excess CFJ.

So far, so good.

     An Excess CFJ may be Refused, Deferred or Accepted at
     The Clerk of the Courts discretion.
          If Refused the Excess CFJ shall be treated as if it had
     never been submitted.

Agora has been trending away from "deemed", "considered", "treated
as if".  I suggest "If refused, the Excess CFJ ceases to be a CFJ".

     If Deferred the Excess CFJ shall be treated as if it had
     been submitted, by the same person, at the beginning of the
     following Agoran week.

The week following the submission, or the week following the
deferral?

If a player submits more than ten CFJs within the same Agoran week,
should the CotC be able to defer #11 twice, etc.?

          If Accepted the Excess CFJ shall no longer be considered
     an Excess CFJ.

"If accepted, the Excess CFJ ceases to be Excess."

     The Clerk of the Courts Refuses or Defers the Excess CFJ
     by announcement.

     The Clerk of the Courts indicates acceptance of an Excess
     CFJ by assigning a judge to that CFJ.

Agora has been trending away from detailed rules and toward simpler
rules with the same net effect (e.g. the third and fourth paragraphs
of Rule 1006, which replaced several Election rules that explicitly
described nominations and votes).  In this vein, everything after the
first paragraph of this proposal could be replaced with:

"The time limit for assigning a judge to an Excess CFJ is extended
by 106 years."