On Apr 8, 2007, at 6:06 PM, Zefram wrote:

Benjamin Schultz wrote:
4924: AGAINST (just make the changes directly)

I don't think a proposal can change a rule number directly.

I don't particularly care for a self-destructing rule. That is, one that says "When this rule is adopted, do something, then self-repeal this rule." I much prefer the clarity and directness of a proposal that says "Do something."

But since you've raised the question of whether a proposal can change a rule number, I'll go assemble a CFJ on this question.
-----
Benjamin Schultz KE3OM
OscarMeyr