Zefram wrote:
>      There should always be exactly one player who is the Speaker.
>      No one other than a player can be Speaker, and there can never be
>      more than one Speaker.  If there is ever no Speaker then the player
>      whose most recent registration was earliest becomes the Speaker.

I forgot to ask, what happens when the last player in the game resigns?
With "Speaker can't deregister" that's not an issue, last player can always
legally re-boot.  Am I remembering correctly that the feature came up as
a possible fix to the Annabel crisis (e.g. everyone deregistering, knowing
at least one deregistration didn't work due to Speaker-holding).  If ever
someone deregistered everyone by scam, it would be good to have a high-
level protection like that.

That reminds me, I forgot earlier, but part of my unfinished thesis was
on why your proposed amendment of R1482 *wouldn't* work to prevent a
crisis, which may be why I never proposed it.

-Goethe