Zefram wrote:

Ed Murphy wrote:
     Loose switches may be changed by announcement.

So anyone can change a loose switch at will?  Why would you ever want
one of these?

I think we used to have some, though I forget what they were.

     Activity is a player switch with values Active and Inactive.

The construction "player switch" hasn't been adequately defined.
You could have "A player's activity is a switch ...".

"X is a <type of entity> switch" was a common construction in the
original version.

     Orientation is a player switch with values Standing, Sitting,
     and Lying Down (default).

Should be "posture", not "orientation", to maintain the analogy.

Yes, it should, thanks.