Zefram wrote:

Ed Murphy wrote:
"If an executee is prohibiting from performing an
action, each of its executors is prohibited from performing the
action on behalf of that executee."

That's not the sentence I have trouble with.  I was talking about

     Holding executorship of another entity does not in itself grant
     the power to perform actions, but an executor with the power to
     perform an action also has the power to perform on behalf of any
     of its executees any action that that executee has the power to
     perform.

and wondering how "an executor with the power to perform an action"
differs from "an executor".

Ah, I see.  Well, if the rules defined Bender B. Rodriguez as existing
and being my executor, but did not define any mechanism for him to act
on his own behalf, then his executorship alone would not constitute a
mechanism for him to act on my behalf, either.

Then again, Bender would act on my behalf anyway ("I'll make my own
rules! With blackjack! And hookers!"), so this is scant protection.