On 5/23/07, Zefram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Roger Hicks wrote:
>Yes, I got the idea from the Agora-Rishonomic war. However it could
>possibly be applied to new startup nomics as well that wish to ensure
their
>longevity.

Editing the Risho history pages on the NomicWiki led me to the same
kind of thoughts.  I think it could be good for the protected nomics,
with Rishonomic itself being a prime example, but it's potentially
a difficult sell.  Of course, we could go to war to coerce the first
couple, then let our record of wise oversight sell the idea to others.
Thus will the Agoran Empire be forged.

Apart from B Nomic which has already been mentioned,  I am participating in
two to three others that would be good candidates.

On a side note, I've noticed that players that are new to Nomics in general
tend to leave many ambiguities in their rules. I think most new nomic
players would find Agora entirely too formalized and rigid for their liking
(it is something you have to grow in to). However, I think Agora with it's
experienced players could do a great service to many of the younger nomics
and newer nomic players out there by taking a somewhat active role in those
nomics; a mentorship if you will. That was part of my thought in this
proposal.

It's a novel idea: we've never seen nomics form this type of relationship.
Worth exploring.

I think an Agoran proposal to modify rules of a protected nomic should
require a high AI, at least 2 and perhaps 3.  We don't want Agoran scams
to (easily) provide a backdoor to scam other nomics.

Good idea.

Probably best to lose the self-puffery from your draft.  That stuff
belongs in the subordinate nomic's ruleset.

-zefram

The language was intended not as self-puffery (well, not primarily) but as a
reminder to Agoran players of their natural leadership role in the nomic
community.

BobTHJ