On 5/24/07, Michael Slone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/24/07, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I submit the following proposal, titled "More on paragraphs":

As long as you're working on 1023 (d), could you clarify (d) (3)?

>           (3) Units are considered in an ordered tree hierarchy.  The
>               root is empty, any unbulleted units are its children,
>               and the bulleted units following an unbulleted unit are
>               its descendants (with nested bullets corresponding to
>               nested levels of the tree). If the text consists only of
>               bulleted units, then the top-most level comprise the
>               root's immediate children.

I notice you've made some changes here (and I'm glad you're removing
the reference to depth-first search), but I find that the introductory
sentence is still a bit obscure.  Who is required to consider units in
an ordered tree hierarchy, and what are the consequences of em doing
so?

I'm not sure that I see the problem.  The clause is definitional, not
procedural.  Would it help if "considered" were replaced with
"conceptually organized"?

-root