On 6/16/08, Ed Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Those would fall under "the rules do not have the power to prevent it"
> in the new rule, the Soviet-style "everything not explicitly allowed is
> prohibited" approach is distasteful nonetheless.  Upon reflection, I
> think it would also break contract-defined actions.

Hmm, yes, you're probably right about the contract-defined actions
thing. I would rather have a sentence or two stating that the
gamestate can only be changed as the rules allow than a list of what's
regulated and what's not that uses ambiguous terms such as "allowed"
and, I suppose, "under certain conditions" (though my initial
interpretation of that phrase was unpopular).

--Ivan Hope CXXVII