On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:41 PM, Kerim Aydin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Quazie wrote:
>> This CFJ seems to be FALSE.  Why should a member of a partnership
>> incur obligations when the partnership's obligations devolve onto em.
>
> Um, because that's very the definition of obligations devolving onto em?
> Or how would you define it?  -Goethe

If I am already incurring an obligation because I am a member of a
partnership, why should I individually also incur an obligation?  When
a partnership incurs an obligation, it is devolved onto all members,
not just one in particular, so if for example Human Point Two had to
give 4 shillings to Goethe due to an obligation it incurred as a
result of another contract, this obligation could be fulfilled either
by HP2 giving Goethe 4 shillings or Quazie and OscarMeyr giving Goethe
a total of 4 shillings for HP2.