On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 11:59 AM, comex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Geoffrey Spear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Not really.  You make the contract a partnership, have all the parties
>> sponsor it, and require it to cast the exact number of votes you'd
>> have cast under the old system.  Result: same system we have now, with
>> an added layer of annoyance.
>
> Repeal partnerships

Sadly that doesn't solve this problem (though I support the suggestion
for other reasons).

The big issue is that under the hypothetical scheme, the effective
vote power P of sets of players has the property P(S u T) - P(S) =
VVLOD(T) (for |S| >=2). Thus, the effective bargaining power every
non-empty set of players (with any other non-empty set of players) is
always equal to their (summed) VVLOD. That's boring.

-woggle