Wooble wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Sgeo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> 5637  O1  1    Quazie      Agora is my conditional value
>> I change my vote to ENDORSE Agora x4
>
> I don't think this works; under no circumstances can a rule take
> effect before the votes on it are counted, so relying on a definition
> that would be created by a rule in a conditional vote should fail
> regardless of whether the rule actually passes.

I suspect the intent to use the proposed method as a local definition
is reasonably clear.  Rule 2127's existing definition of "endorsing"
only covers "endorsing another voter", so definitely doesn't apply here.

Sgeo wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:04 AM, Geoffrey Spear <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Sgeo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I thought that ENDORSE Agora was already defined.. I remember seeing
>>> it somewhere.. maybe it was in a proto and I got confused and thought
>>> that it was in a rule..
>>
>> Umm, you saw it in the proposal you're voting on conditionally.
>>

> I could have sworn I saw it somewhere else..

Quazie has used a similar local definition in some of eir previous
votes, just as some players used the de facto definition of "endorse
<player>" before that was legislated.