On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Quazie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> Assuming I'm a Banker Without 3 proto-objections I proto-change the
> RBOA contract as follows:
> ---
> Add the following to the end for the RBOA conract:
>
> 9. Whenever a Player transfers a Mill to the Bank of Agora, and the
> Bank of Agora is not in possession of a Mill of that type, 200 chits
> are created in the possession of that player.  Any Banker may Rent a
> mill in the possession of the Bank of Agora by destroying 20 chits in
> eir possession, indicating which Mill they are renting.  The Banker
> may then transfer 2 crops to the RBOA, and have the RBOA Mill those
> crops as the Banker sees fit.  The Banker may then transfer the milled
> crop back to emself.
> ---

I don't like this. The price of milling should float like an exchange
rate or be determined in some auction or other style that will reflect
changing demand better. It should also be different for different
types of mills. (For example, in terms of current exchange rates,
milling 4 / 4 = 1 is considerably more valuable than anything one can
do with +, -, or * assuming you value X crops only slightly more than
1 crops. Though the current exchange rates are probably a bad
indicator of the present value of crops.) Also the bank's milling
services should not be limited to bankers. And, well, I don't think a
10+ week investment is very good for the bank.

-woggle