On Fri, 15 Aug 2008, comex wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Kerim Aydin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Followup:  The old Rule 1527 has been repealed.  Nothing has explicitly
>> replaced it and so the Rules are silent on how to deal with those
>> situations now.  It is perfectly in keeping with custom and precedent,
>> then, to use R1527 as a method of resolution.  Under R1527, the back-and-
>> forth referring would constitute an ambiguous ordering and thus the
>> attempts would fail leading 2086/2087 to be false.
>
> Hmm... an old precedent, but the actions in CFJ 1267-70 were a lot
> more ambiguously ordered than anything considered here, yet one of
> them was still considered effective.

If you read the judgements and appeals on those you'll see there was
a lot of controversy (and I personally believe the wrong decision in
1267).  In any case, that was a situation with two "concurrent"
statements that didn't actually refer to each other, not statements
which have a definite ordering in the message, but at the same time
have to be taken as a simultaneous cross-referring whole.  That's a
different "kind" of ambiguity.

-Goethe