Taral wrote:
> Unfortunately, the equity court is not empowered to change
> contestmaster. Nor can it directly award points to the parties.
>
> {{{
> Within 2 weeks of this equation coming into force, the parties to the
> Fantasy Rules Contest SHALL collectively ensure that a new
> contestmaster is selected and SHALL ensure that the contract is
> amended to permit the awarding points that could have been awarded
> under paragraph 6 in previous weeks but were not.
> }}}

The contract in question says:
{{{
5) The contestmaster CAN amend this contract without member objection.
}}}

In other words, this change can't plausibly be made unless either root
reactivates, or we flip the contestmaster using the mechanism in the rules;
the second method seems a lot more likely, especially as a new contestmaster
has to be selected. I'm contestmastering Enigma, so I can't contestmaster
the FRC too; anyone want to contestmaster the FRC (and get a contestmaster's
salary, hint hint)? Arguably, it's better for someone who /isn't/ involved
in the FRC currently to volunteer, as they wouldn't run into the problem of
a contestmaster's inability to award emself points.
--
ais523

<<winmail.dat>>