On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 21:21 -0500, Benjamin Caplan wrote:
> Aaron Goldfein wrote:
> > On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Sean Hunt <ride...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> There are two separate methods by
> >> which the Agoran Senate can recover Agora from an invasion by reducing
> >> every invader's voting limit to 0. Once this is done, it's simple to
> >> pass a proposal exiling the invaders.
> >
> > Unless the invaders wait 60 days to spring their trap.
>
> This is the real flaw: our current rules are secure against obvious
> invasions, and if the invaders are non-obvious, then by the time they
> become obvious it will be too late to do anything about it.
>
> The only real way around this would be to make acts of war platonically
> IMPOSSIBLE, but this would arguably make Agora no longer a nomic.
>
> Note that this is an issue with 'real' governments as well -- see the
> often ridiculous hoops to which immigrants are generally subjected.

Maybe we could tinker with the MwoP powers a bit? The one common theme
between them is that they're all useful in preventing invasions, and as
far as I know this is deliberate. Maybe we could make it so a conspiracy
between all 5 MwoPs can block any proposal during an Emergency, or
something. (The idea is presumably that if people have gone to the
trouble of winning, they should be considered to be on the side of Agora
rather than the invaders.)

--
ais532