On Thu, 14 May 2009, Quazie wrote:
> On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 14 May 2009, Quazie wrote:
>>> This means that i set up a cron job to make my controversial proposals
>>> distributable just before the week begins.
>>
>> Sure if you want, no-one bothered to do that before (same system)
>> but just like any other rule where time limits matter, a quick
>> hand or cron job can give some advantage.
>>
>> I considered making it "whatever is distributable at distribution
>> time" but that gives far, far too much power to the promotor.
>>
>> -Goethe
>
> "whatever is distributable at the beginning of a week and was
> distributable 24 continuous hours prior?"

I don't like that, just adds bookkeeping for limited gain.  There's
no reason to give those who would make something undistributable
a free day in which to act, tilts the balance too much.  Frankly,
the "make undistributable" can only delay and it's expensive to
use, so I suspect it will be of rare use anyway (that's from past
practice).

Still, we can re-adjust the balance along with the new currency
system when it comes along.

-Goethe