On Sun, 7 Jun 2009, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 12:08 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
>> (And you'd need to include both the Rubberstamper and the wielder of the
>> veto in the 3).  It's actually been a long time since we've had a proposal
>> that people on both sides have used the various procedural tricks to
>> make the process interesting in a gameplay sense.  Maybe we should try
>> Takeover Proposals again.  -G.
>
> What about a sort of proposal that can't be made democratic, but can't
> do anything but award wins? That would let people mess around with all
> the ordinary-proposal tricks without making things too hairy.

Just awarding wins I think means it just becomes a boring bribe exercise.
Let's make it worth more.  What I want to bring back (and haven't gotten
around to) brings up today's Herald's History Corner:

>From FLR 2005-April:

Rule 1950/9 (Power=2)
Voting Power [excerpt]
      (b) An entity's Voting Power on a Democratic Proposal is as
          follows:
          (1) A Player:
                  (i)  that Player's Voting Potential if that Player
                       has Sente.
                  (ii) one otherwise.

Rule 2078/0 (Power=2)
Takeover Proposals

      Initiative is a stuck player switch, tracked by the Assessor,
      with values Gote and Sente.

      A Takeover Proposal is a proposal meeting these requirements:

        (a) It is labelled as a Takeover Proposal.
        (b) No Takeover Proposal has been submitted earlier in the
            same month.
        (c) It specifies a set of players (hereafter the Corporate
            Raiders) that is no larger than P/2 or smaller than P/3,
            where P is the number of active noisy players at the time
            of submission.

      Rules to the Contrary nonwithstanding, a Takeover Proposal is
      both Democratic and Sane.

      At the beginning of a Takeover Proposal's voting period, all
      players have their initiative flipped to Gote.  At the end of a
      Takeover Proposal's voting period, all players have their
      initiative flipped as follows:
        (a) Adopted:  All Corporate Raiders gain Sente.
        (b) Rejected:  All other players gain Sente.
        (c) Failed quorum:  No one gains Sente.

-G.