ais523 wrote:

> On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 06:22 -0800, Ed Murphy wrote:
>> ais523 wrote:

>>> I intend, without 3 objects, to set the contestmaster of The Cookie Jar
>>> to 'none'.
>>
>> I object.  Holiday lull != contest has run its course.
>
> It ran its course months ago. There aren't, and /never were/, enough
> people submitting to make a reasonable contest, and the only reminders
> you give are at the end of a week when it's too late to submit guesses
> for the next week.

That's more an argument for further limiting awards based on the number
of guesses submitted.  On the other hand, contests in general may have
run their course for a while; the FRC is getting plenty of non-Agoran
participation lately, the last AAA report was over a month ago, and
Enigma has long been sporadic due to (I figure) the difficulty of
finding puzzles that aren't either (a) too easy (giving more points to
the solvers than the submitter) or (b) too hard (giving no points).