On 05/21/2010 12:05 PM, ais523 wrote:
I vote AGAINST each of those proposals. Wooble pointed out on IRC that
they stop non-senators voting.

This is by design; it's intended to be a new form of defense against dictatorship scams, since it also makes the proposal 'democratic' (not actually since it needs to change the voting limits of non-senators). I don't believe there's a significant concern of a Senator takeover, either, as most active players are Senators anyways and any 3 Senators, armed with a member of the Government, can filibuster any proposal. If every member of the Government is onside (or too lazy to do anything), odds are good that the coalition could pass the proposal without this rule anyways.

-coppro