On 07/29/2010 02:42 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote:

Hmm, I'm suddenly unconvinced that Win Announcements work at all for
most defined win conditions.

A win announcement must be factually correct in announcing that
someone wins the game (R2186).

But most win conditions are not triggered until a win announcement
is made (are triggered "upon" a win announcement).  Eg. R2188, 2223,
etc.

So how can a win announcement be factually correct until a win
announcement is made?

I'm not sure if this is self-affirming (works fine) or is circular
(broken).  Thoughts?

REMAND is looking better all the time...

-G

I think it's self-affirming. If I say that I take an action, it is only a factually correct statement (and therefore legal) because the statement causes the action to be performed. Likewise, if I make a win announcement, it is a factually correct statement because the announcement causes a win.

Also, with regards to my original complaint, my reading is that the proposal, which purports to award a win to various players, is not the same as stating that they win.

-coppro