On 08/13/2010 01:49 PM, comex wrote:
"I transfer all my assets to the bank and then deregister".  There's
some precedents here, but unfortunately, those precedents were for when
assets were more strictly controlled and the rules came out and said you
had to be very specific.  That's not in the Rules anymore.

Actually, the relevant text at the time of CFJ 1307 said you had to
"specify" the assets to transfer.  Rule 478 currently requires that
you "unambiguously and clearly specify" the action, which (CFJ 2238)
applies to the parameters of an action.  Current game custom directly
contradicts those precedents.

I consider 'unambiguously and clearly' to be allowed to include shorthands; for instance, it is so widely accepted now that FOR in response to a proposal is a vote FOR, because it still conveys enough information. By contrast, due to historical precedent, AGAINT is viewed as ambiguous.

-coppro