On Tue, 17 May 2011, ais523 wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 09:44 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > On Tue, 17 May 2011, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > >                  Fugitives [the return of the unofficial list]
> > >   Elde, Time Agent, Antimatter, Proglet, Macross, root, Vlad, Morendil,
> > >   Beefurabi, elJefe, Ziggy, Evantine, pTang, Blaise, Syllepsis, neil,
> > >   Blob, Magu, Peekee, Cainech, Wes, t, Pakaran, 0x44, Elysion, Quazie
> >
> > As there's no longer a way to expunge that final fugitive-ness on return,
> > I'm taking names off when people reregister; in this case Quazie.  -G.
>
> I think last time that happened, we had a debate in a-d as to if people
> should be taken off the list when they reregistered. (I think we went on
> a case-by-case basis, but every case was removed.) There's at least one
> case of a user actually deliberately trying to make amends, but I can't
> remember who it was offhand (perhaps Sir Toby?).

Not sure what you mean by "every case was removed"?

Maybe the Herald should make a practice of saying "Welcome back!  You left
under a cloud but we can't remember why.  If you say you're really, really
sorry I'll take you off the list."

Of course, if there's some reasonably recent annoyance as to the reason
that would require something more depending on circumstances.  Maybe I
should do it w/o 2 objections or so?

Mind you, it looks like Quazie's destined to end up back on that list in
the near future.

-G.