On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>          Such declarations are self-ratifying
>          in terms of whether the indicated Victory Condition was met and that
>          the person(s) names as meeting the condition have in fact won the
>          game.

...but are always false, because there is no way for someone to win
other than ratification?  I still think it's fairly useless to ratify
that someone won; it might create the obligation for the Herald to
award Champion, but cannot change reality about whether they won at
that time or not.  My old achievements proto even had this:

     The Win that Never Was
     - Be ratified as having won the game at a certain time without
       actually having won at that time.