On 23 June 2012 09:54, Eric Stucky <turiski.no...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As long as you're explaining how things work, I still don't understand
> ratification. Could you do some magic on the ruleset and make that make sense
> to me?

Ratification is when we take a document and say "this is true", and it
becomes true, regardless of what the actual truth was beforehand. So
we can make sure the ruleset is a certain thing, or the list of
players is a certain thing, or the proposal pool is a certain thing,
by ratifying it. This lets us eliminate ambiguity when there's some
kind of problem. A lot of reports are ratified automatically on a
regular basis, if nobody challenges them (e.g. with a CoE).