On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 11:33 PM, omd <c.ome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Elliott Hird
> <penguinoftheg...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> ☃
>
> I create a promise with text "☃" and transfer it to ehird.

...and, in a separate message to avoid any question of whether this
affects the interpretation of the promise at the time it was made: I
suggest defining ☃ as slang for "I perform [some action]", then
cashing the promise.  After all, even though the promise did not mean
anything when it was made, if I replied to a message containing such a
definition with a message of "☃", it would be clear what I intended,
and a promise is a simulated message... anyway, I want to see whether
it works.