On 29 June 2013 22:37, Fool <fool1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been my pleasure to be your Speaker for this bit of fast-paced
> nonsense. I discharge my last formal duty by including the final ruleset
> below. I will also post an end-of-game statement, and I encourage other
> players to do likewise.
>
> Thanks for playing guys. And happy birthday Agora!

First of all: Happy 20th Birthday, Agora! Thanks to all the current players
of Agora for playing the game and helping it to reach this milestone.

Thanks also to the organisers of Agora XX: chiefly (I think) Aaron Goldfein
for his message to many former players, and to our most Honourable (now
ex-) Speaker Fool, for doing a terrific and meticulous job as Speaker.

Thanks to my fellow Old Timers and co-conspirators, Blob, Chuck, Ed, Goethe
and Michael. I had great fun conspiring with you. I think in Chuck's case
that despite all our (eleven?) years playing together in Agora, this might
be the first time we ever worked together on the same side of a conspiracy!
Thanks also to Oerjan, for voting for 364 though there was nothing in it
for him. Extra thanks to Blob for passing Aaron's message along to me --
for some reason it wasn't sent to me directly.

Agora XX is the first nomic of any description I have played since I left
Agora in late 2003. I enjoyed it more than I expected to. A very unusual,
maybe unique, feature of this game was the combination of the very fast
timer and the defined endpoint - almost like over the table play. This made
the tactics interesting.

Charles Walker, I'd be interested to see you the ruleset you've been
working on. Would you mind sending me a copy? I'd be happy to offer you
ideas (if I have any ideas) for you to use or ignore as you please.

Cheers,

Steve

--
Steve Gardner
Research Grants Development

Two facts about lists:
(1) one can never remember the last item on any list;
(2) I can't remember what the other one is.