On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM, Alex Smith <ais...@bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-03 at 00:26 -0500, Henri Bouchard wrote:
>> So couldn't we just get rid of the judgement system and use the
>> proposal system instead? Wouldn't that be a lot simpler?
>
> You can get rid of almost anything in favour of proposals. If you do,
> you end up with a nomic where all you have is a proposal system.
>
> This doesn't really seem to be an improvement. Nomics need something to
> actually /do/. The main reason I stay in Agora is for the judicial
> stuff, which I find interesting and thought-provoking and enjoyable;
> mostly, I just allow people around me to create rules and then see what
> interesting consequences they have, whether that's actively trying to
> scam, or more commonly just doing weird things to see what happens.
> There isn't much of a point in that if the judicial system is
> proposal-based, because there's no need to figure out what happened; all
> you have to do is figure out how to fix it, which is much easier (and
> typically less interesting, except in a few cases such as
> counter-dictatorship).
>
> --
> ais523

I guess we need to explore our options with what we can do with the
"economy" section of the ruleset. We need to add more variables to
this. I know we had the Yak currency before (I think its gone now) but
there wasn't much we could do with yaks. It would basically just
accumulate, giving the Yak Herdor more to do. So, our real aim should
be to add more variables and possible courses of action to be taken by
the players.

Because more possible actions = more crime = more adjudication = more activity.

By the way, are you getting this multiple times?, because when I
simply click reply, the mailing list doesn't seem to deliver the
message, so I have to manually delete DIS: and Re: from the subject
line and change the subject line back to "The Simplest Judging of All"
in order to get the mail list send this out. But then it doesn't
string together properly with the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Henri