On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, omd wrote:

I'm somewhat skeptical of the word "organism".

If it has to be biological, then just say "human", there's no
guarantee hypothetical space aliens or AIs would be considered
organisms anyway. :)
[snip]
/me wonders whether speculating about Tines is too silly for the New
Agora.  Or is that the Old Agora?

Humans may not be very good at formulating classifications that are meant to separate themselves from unknown unknowns, without discriminating on the basis of biology. Trying too hard might either create a distinction too hard to check over email, or accidentally exclude biological humans that should intuitively be included.

Greetings,
Ørjan.