On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 07:27 -0800, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> There's an alternate interpretation, btw, that no-one has brought
> up yet.
>
> 1.  (Accepting Fool's Premise):  Since "winning" is, by common
> definition, part and parcel of ending the game, the two aren't
> separable.
>
> 2.  Therefore, any rule that attempts to award a win is
> unsuccessful if it does not also have the power to end all
> aspects of the game.
>
> 3.  Therefore, the Win attempt failed in the first place, as the
> rule was not powerful enough to end the game, therefore not
> powerful enough to declare someone the winner.

I think there's another subsidiary point here, which is "how much power
does it take to end the game / series of games, anyway"? It feels like
the answer should be "3", but I can't see an immediate reason why it's
any more than 1.

We should legislate that away pretty quickly before someone uses it for
blackmail purposes as part of an escalation scam.

--
ais523