My line of argument falls on the fact that I didn’t make clear that I’m
assuming that the scores being reset actually serves a purpose within the frame
of the game itself. If it doesn’t the game is free to end as it pleases without
the score being reset.

Seeing as the scores being reset is explicitly part of the rule (as opposed to
the game ending), and assuming that, as part of a rule, it also serves a
function, then it wouldn’t make sense for the game to end without having the
scores being reset.

If you are right though, and winning did in fact end the game, in which case
I’m not quite sure what we’re doing here, then it’d make sense to make a
proposal to change r2419 and remove the useless part about resetting the score.
;)

-Thimblefox

Am 16.02.2014 um 18:00 schrieb Nicholas Evans <nich...@gmail.com>:

> On 2/15/2014 4:52 PM, Brian Blomlie wrote:
>> -First thesis-
>> The contradiction consisting in having escape velocity and a score of 0
>>
>> If there is a player of Agora who has escape velocity, then there doesn’t
>> exist a player that has escape velocity. Here I’m making the assumption that
>> the rule is to be read logically, in which case you have „one or more
>> specified players have achieved escape velocity“ and „all players’ scores
>> are set to 0“ happening at the same time.‹1› This is obviously a
>> contradiction, and not a logically consistent way of winning the game.
> This isn't logically inconsistent. "have achieved escape velocity" is a
> past-perfective statement, meaning that it doesn't matter if they currently
> have escape velocity, only that they once did. Even if the score reset
> explicitly happened before they won, the statement would hold true.

Ah, you’re right. This should still be covered by the second one though.