On Wed, 11 Jun 2014, Sean Hunt wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 12:03 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>

>       [Arbitor's note:  scshunt informally favored this case.  Good enough
> for me
>        while I get a system sorted].
>

> My thinking atm is that Cards are extrajudicial and therefore no mechanism
> for reconsideration need exist. Opinions?

You definitely have a case there.

Just thinking out loud, my counterargument might be that, if we assume
from recent rule changes that we're heading away from the "society"
metaphor and towards the "game" metaphor, that a "referee" fits the
common definition of a judge for the game.   Also that "keeping track
of wrongdoing" makes it clear that we're talking about judging players
formally.