On Thu, 26 Mar 2015, Benjamin Schultz wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 6:12 AM, stad jer <stadjerno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>       I'm willing to perform administrative duties after a revival, but I
> don't know how much game-experience one needs for that.
> How did Agora survive dead points like this in the past?
>
> stadjer, I suggest you do these:
>
> 1. Read the most recently published Short Logical Ruleset (SLR), if you
> haven't already.
> 2. Propose all sorts of rule changes.
>
> That will give you plenty of game experience.
>
> OscarMeyr

In all seriousness, I think most dead periods ended when someone put forward
a new Proposal with a set of new rules for a new Game Play idea, and also ran
it long enough to work out the bugs in the idea.  If the game is relatively
easy to get into, enough other "waiting players" tended to jump right in.

We saw it begin to happen with the Dungeon Master a couple months ago; people
jumped in.  But then a bug happened, and the original D.M. didn't care enough
(or have the time) to fix it, so it just died out when e didn't do so.

If you write your own rules for such a game/addition, you'll be the "expert" on
those rules to begin with.  Though they might not all work as you intend
exactly, so if you do this, please post drafts of your proposal before you
formally propose it; one thing our collective experience helps in is finding
bugs.

-G.