On Fri, 21 Apr 2017, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-04-21 at 09:44 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > This leaves open the question of what happens if a person does
> > consent without registering (might be hard to do, as a statement of
> > consent is generally taken to be a registration attempt).
>
> What about consent to a foreign forum? It seems like common sense that
> you can't change Agora's gamestate like that (otherwise we'd have a ton
> of inaccurate reports based on behaviour away from the Agoran lists),
> but also seems plausible that it could at least specify consent
> (private contracts often used to be agreed over non-nomic-related IRC
> channels).

Actually, that's probably ok, and probably even our Discussion forum would
work.  I thought the prohibition against binding said "explicit, wilful
consent".  But the "explicit" part is gone (I checked - it used to be in the
Rights version of R101, maybe it's been gone a while).  So it's likely that
a variety of ways could be used to infer wilful consent.