For the monthly stipend that applies to players, it's all or nothing. If
there's any money in Agora's balance, everyone gets paid; if there isn't
any, nobody gets paid. Offices, on the other hand, are calculated
individually and can't get paid when there is or would be a non-positive
balance.

Ideally, when combined with the fact that offices are paid
alphabetically-by-office instead of by-office-holder, this system makes it
difficult to manipulate the economy into only paying specific people or not
paying specific people.