On Sat, 8 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote:
> What would happen in the following case (and has it been tried before?)
> I'm Arbitor for example, and then CFJ "I've achieved victory and won every
> ribbon" and then assign it to myself and judge it as TRUE, for bogus reasons.

It was the very very first scam ever pulled in Nomic World/Agora. It was
called Lindrum World.  In the very first ruleset, judges had more power to
enforce their judgements, so Lindrum did this very thing for a takeover:
    http://www.nomic.net/deadgames/nomicworld/norrish/dictator-lindrum

It's why CFJs are now fairly weak, guidance only.  Now, everyone just
ignores your arguments and plays as if they weren't delivered, while
using various mechanisms to overturn it.  Example:
    https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?1346

But you're right, it can be an issue.  The Arbitor can more subtly choose
friendly judges to return mostly-reasonable but favorable judgements when
e has a conflict of interest.  We used to allow filing cases with a
back-up officer incase of Arbitor self-interest.  I *think* we might have
intended to do that with Referee but never got around to it this time
(which is why the offices are incompatible).  Here's the old rule, maybe
worth bringing back?

Rule 2023/1 (Power=2)
Submitting a CFJ to the Justiciar

       A CFJ may be submitted to the Justiciar.  For such a CFJ, the
       Justiciar shall perform all duties and fulfill all roles that
       would otherwise be assigned to the Clerk of the Courts. This
       takes precedence over Rules that would otherwise assign duties
       and roles regarding a CFJ to the Clerk of the Courts.

       All persons are encouraged to submit a CFJ to the Justiciar only
       when there is a good reason not to submit it to the Clerk of the
       Courts.