On Fri, 8 Sep 2017, Kerim Aydin wrote:

I intend, without objection, to ratify the following document:
  { On Mon Sep 4 21:49:56 UTC 2017, the Floating Value was set to 16. }

Hm, I've recently been thinking about ratification a bit, and this happens to hit one of my quibbles.

      When a public document is ratified, rules to the contrary
      notwithstanding, the gamestate is modified to what it would be
      if, at the time the ratified document was published, the
      gamestate had been minimally modified to make the ratified
      document as true and accurate as possible.

Now, although you are ratifying a document about Sep 4, your document is clearly _published_ now on Sep 8.

This means that it's _now_ that the minimal modification is calculated. And dependent on what has gone on between Sep 4 and now, this may not be the same as the minimal modification that would have been applied on Sep 4 itself.

In particular, it is possible that it would affect only the Floating Value itself, and not the result of any other events (like actions assuming a flawed Floating Value) happening between Sep 4 and now.

This might be close enough in this case, since it's only 4 days apart, but it's something to think about if you try to pass a bigger ratification later.

Greetings,
Ørjan.