I retract the proposal "Cheer Up" and create the following proposal in its
place:

Title: "Cheer Up"
Author: ATMunn
Co-Authors: none
AI: 1

Create a power-1 rule titled "Emotions"
{
    Emotion is a player switch, tracked by the registrar, with possible
values Joyous, Melancholy, and Indifferent, that defaults to Indifferent.
    At any time, any player CAN flip eir own Emotion to any value it is
currently not.
    When doing this, e MUST provide a reason as to why e changed eir
Emotion as such.
    A player's Emotion has the following affects:

   -     Indifferent: No effect.
   -     Melancholy: Any player that is not Melancholy may pat any
   Melancholy player on the back. Upon doing this, the Melancholy player is
   ENCOURAGED to change eir emotion to Joyous.
   -     Joyous: Any player that is Joyous is ENCOURAGED to pat Melancholy
   players on the back. E is also ENCOURAGED to do other kind acts, such as
   paying shinies to other players or pending other players' proposals.

}

[Reason: As several people pointed out, there was some redundancy regarding
punishments.]