Overall I like the idea; however, my only concern is with my new Medals of
Honour proposal I'm working on (and planning on publishing tonight).

If you haven't read the proto, basically it says that in the first week of
every month, anyone can declare emself to be eligible for a Medal of
Honour. After that, then there's an Agoran Decision on which of the
eligible players will receive a Medal of Honour. If any player ever gets 6
Medals of Honour, e can win the game.

The reason why they're called Medals of Honour is because in order to
declare yourself eligible for one, you have to have not received any cards
in the last month, and you can't have negative Karma.

I feel that this might sort of conflict with this idea of randomly deciding
who to lose Karma each week, as it's basically randomly denying someone of
the possibility of getting a medal. However, that issue might only be a
problem right now, since most people are at 0 karma, and so only need to
lose 1 to go negative. Over time, as you said, everybody's karma will
probably even out and (roughly) reflect everyone's behavior. So it's
probably fine.