You deputize by actually performing the action (e.g. actually publishing
an up-to-date Ruleset that's overdue).  Multiple people might announce
their intent to do so ahead of time, but that doesn't make the office
change (or reserve it for them).

So you'd do it by saying "I deputize for the Rulekeepor to publish the
following report:" followed by the actual report.